ALEXANDR VASILYEVICH KUPRIN (1880-1960)
Studied at the studio of L.Dmitriev-Kavkazsky in St.Petersburg (1902-04), at K.Yuon's and D.Dudin's studio Moscow (1904-05), at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculture and Archtecture under N.Kasatkin, A.Arkhipov and K.Korovin (1906-10). Participant of exhibitions from the early 1900s. Founder member of association "The Jack of Diamonds". Member of associations and exhibitor of societies "The Moscow Painters in Oil", "Being", etc. Taught at "The Free Workshops" in Moscow, in Nizhni Novgorod, Sormovo. Professor of the Higher Art and Technical Workshops/Institute, the Moscow Textile Institute.