KRAVCHENKO ALEKSEI ILYICH (1889-1940)
From 1904 to 1911 studied at the Moscow school of painting, sculpture and architecture under V.Serov, A.Vasnetsov, A.Arkhipov, K.Korovin, in Munich at Sz.Hollosy's workshop (1905). One of the leading masters of Soviet wood-engraving. From the early 1910s was engaged in painting. Participant of the Moscow Society of Artists, the Union of Russian Artists, "The World of Art". His products are kept in the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, the State Literary Museum, the Saratov regional art museum and many other museums.