Theater painter, artist, graphic artist and decorator. Studied at the Stroganov Art School (1907—18), V.E. Egorov and A.V. Shchousev’s apprentice; then attended classes at A.M.Rodchenko (1919--22) and D.N.Kardovsky’s studios in Moscow (1925—26). Was member of the “Being” Artists’ Society (1929). Participated in exhibitions since 1916. Designed sets for a number of Moscow and Tashkent theatres. Was responsible for the decoration of Moscow streets and squares on revolutionary holidays (1922, 1927), designed a number of expositions at museums and exhibitions (the Peasant’s House (1931); the exhibition of “Our Achievements” at the Polytechnics museum (1932, Moscow); the final exhibition of the People’s Commissariat of the Heavy Industry (1935, the House of Unions); drew sketches for the decoration of the river bus of the “Moscow – Volga” channel (1935). In the late 1940s – early 50s designed furniture for public interiors. In 1975 his works were exhibited in Moscow.