Painter of battle pieces. Studied at the All-Russian Art Academy, K.F.Yuon and P.A.Shilingovsk’s apprentice. In 1940 joined the Red Army studio named after M.B. Grekov. Krivonogov followed the way of the Soviet battle-painting school (he was the first Soviet artist to be awarded a gold medal named after M.B. Grekov). During the war painted agitation posters, leaflets, military pictures. Many battle paintings of his are well-known all over the world, some of them are: “Brest Fortress Defenders”, “Fortress Order” (1957), “Fortress Commissar” (1967), “Dovator’s Reid”, “On the Kursk Bow”, “Victory” (1948), “The Reichstag Storm” (1966), etc. The works are exhibited both in Russia and abroad.